Monday, January 2, 2012

Leviathan Strikes!

Hello People of the Internets!!!

Johnny Worthless Here!

Grant Morrison's end to the fantastic Batman Incorporated, Leviathan Strikes! After reading this one I had to give it it's own rant. This is the beginning of the end for the 'Morrison Run' on Batman. The end being this year's Batman Incorporated Leviathan (at least that's what it's called at the moment) it all started around six years ago with Batman and Son. It's a huge sprawling epic which is set to wrap up at the end of 2012. Just in time for the whole end of the world thing... Anyways, If you haven't read any of the 'Morrison Run' I can't recommend it enough. It's B A D A Double SS to the max. Below I'll list the run in it's entirety.

So back to Leviathan Strikes! DC teased a lot of what was going to happen in this book, if your looking for answers for anything involving the status quo of the new 52, look somewhere else. We were left hanging back in the 'good ole days' of the DC Universe as to what happen to the gang of Batman Inc. here are your answers. The OG run on Inc ended with issue #8, this book is issues #9 and #10 put together in a mini-maxi format. Nothing too earth shattering or anything like that. I mean you find out who Leviathan is, which is cool, I didn't have a clue it was who it was. You get to see Stephanie, (who forgot how much I miss), Dick as Batman, Tim Drake as the pimp-suited Red Robin, and Bruce in the Inc suit. This all takes place pre-new 52. It's a great ending, a fun read, it makes you want more.

Personally I thought Batman Inc felt kind of dis-jointed and didn't have a lot of cohesion from issue to issue. Leviathan Strikes! brings everything together from the whole Batman Inc. series. There are definitely new questions. There were plenty topics when reading single issues of Batman Inc. that left me scratching my head. After reading this I now found myself saying, "Oh, that makes sense...". It's Grant Morrison that is going to happen from time to time.

What I'm trying to say is I think the best way that one could read this part of the 'Morrison Run' is back-to-back.

Below is the cover (or slated cover) for the Batman Incorporated Volume 1 Hardcover. It's due out April 17th, I highly recommend this book. Till then you might be able to score all 8 issues if you're lucky. Read it all together, you'll thank me after you're done.



Well that's about it for tonight. Here's the 'Morrison Run' list, It's awesome. I recommend you start at the beginning (I didn't and you can hop on anywhere) they're all great books.

Batman and Son
The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul (with Paul Dini)
The Black Glove
Batman: R. I. P.
Final Crisis
Time and The Batman
Batman and Robin Vol. 1, 2, and 3
The Return of Bruce Wayne
Batman Inc. Vol. 1 (April 17th)
Batman Inc.: Leviathan Strikes!
Batman Inc.:Leviathan (Due out this year)

There you have it kids! I might be missing something, one of these days I'll make a definitive list with One million and JLA and Everything!!! But that's for another time. (Yea! Earth 2)

Thanks for reading, and Thanks for stopping by!

And Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment