Monday, December 19, 2011

Johnny Worthless Reviews Comics

Hello People of the Internets...


Johnny Worthless here, the five on the roster today are kind of a hodge-podge from the past month/week. Trying out some new titles and some were recommended.

So here we go.


First book today is Star Wars: Agent of the Empire: Iron Eclipse Part 1. Cool name a bit long but cool. Very excited about this series it's a 5 parter. We meet Imperial Agent Jahan Cross, think Star Wars James Bond. Art is Quality. They do a good job of using Star Wars tech and familiar 'Star Warsy' things from known sources, (Clone Wars, OG Movies) seems very natural. Corporate Sector Action, very cool to see. It's uncharted territory for me, I've only ever had the RPG book so I would make up my own Corporate Sector stories. Han and Chewie make a cameo, it's not annoying or over the top. This looks like a gooden'. Most Star Wars writers really do there homework. I'm a fan of Ostrander (Yea Hawkman!) that was another reason this was a No-Brainer to pick this one up.


For Fans of... Star Wars Expanded Universe, Awesomeness, The Corporate Sector, John Ostrander



Batman: The Brave and the Bold # 13 was up next. Awesome cover, that's what led me to this book in the first place. My buddy's daughters have a couple of books from this series. They always looked fun, but to 'kiddish' as soon as I saw this cover I had to check it out. Great Robin story, If you're trying to teach your kids about Robins, (or cave people who think there has been only one) this would be a great tool. As you can guess from the cover all Robin's assemble Past, Present, and Future. Art was fun, just like the TV show. What can I say? I love Robins, If you do too, This book's for you!!! But, really it's for kids.



For Fans of... Robins, Goofy Team-ups, Brave and the Bold Cartoon


I was waiting to read this one for almost a month, The Goon # 36. I haven't read a Goon book in some time. I'm a big Eric Powell fan, he's got a great, if not odd (as in odd to you 'normal' folk out there) sense of humor, It's right up my alley! This issue has a 'real-life' guest star in ROXY DLITE, The Drinkin', Smokin', Strippin' Machine. How could I not buy this? It's a fun story The Goon and Franky (The Goon's pal) get into trouble, throw Roxi into the mix, the boys get out of trouble, (for the moment) the end. Great book, I'll be reading the Goon from here on out. If you like Humor and Hellboy, you'll love The Goon. Oh yea, not for kids.

For Fans of... Strippers, Funny, Eric Powell, Hot Human on Harpie Action




Next up Supergirl #3. Overall good book, there is something about 'Super-Family' villains that is a big turn-off for me, they look/are lame. Now for turn-ons... Whoa!!! Good Lord! Fanboys bring your drool rags to this party, the art is fantastic. Lots of crotch shots, I mean a lot, different angles and everything. If I was a Supergirl fan I'd be chopping at the bit for this book each month. That being said, Kara has basically started from ground zero with issue #1 of the new 52, it's only issue 3 so if you're interested there is still time... I'm going to leave it at that do to the fact everything I've typed to end this review sounds way too dirty.

For Fans of... Blondes, Supergirl, Gratuitous Crotch Shots



Last book of the night/day/afternoon is All Star Western # 3. I hadn't a clue what went on in the previous 2 issues of this series. Sweet Cover, that's what mainly sold me on this one. I'm pretty sure a horse wasn't 500 dollars (or 500 anything) 'back then', maybe I'm wrong. The art was sloppy, there were some really good parts, it's just not my cup of tea. I feel they're trying to tie too many things together in Gotham. In the realm of dare I say George Lucas, I don't like that. Don't get me wrong I like Jonah Hex, I just like him best as a back up, a side note to the story of Batman/Gotham. ( If that doesn't start a bar fight I don't know what will) Speaking of Back-ups... The El Diablo back up was great, I've never heard of him before, (that I can remember) the character was super cool. I'll look out for El Diablo stories in the future, but won't be picking up All Star Western again anytime soon.

For Fans of... Jonah Hex, Westerns, Antique Drive-bys

Sidebar...





I watched Batman: Year One last night. Great Movie, may be the best that DC has done straight to DVD. Classic even, if you haven't read the OG source material (cover shown to the left) just go buy it. The comic is on every one's top ten lists for a reason.


That's it for now kids.


Where else can you get info on Comics for kids, Strippers and Harpies, and DVD reviews all at the same place?

A big Worthless Thank You to everybody!!!

Thanks for Reading and Thanks for stopping by...

Happy Holidays

1 comment:

  1. So many Robins you have to pry them apart with a crowbar.

    You ought to review The Black Mirror. It's the one where Jim Gordon's mustache takes over Gotham.

    ReplyDelete