Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Doubleshots With Johnny Worthless

Hello People of the Internets...


Just a quickie tonight, two on the docket.  Double-barrel, Twinkiss, Dual-bladed love. 

Let's begin. 




Phantom Lady and Doll Man #1 is 1 of 2 tonight.  I say to myself, "Self, what is this?  I've never heard of Phantom Lady!"  So we read...  The book starts out in the ever-so-popular realm of 'five years ago' the series is set to run four issues.  For those of you not familiar with our heroine here, do not lose heart!  (Yea Captain Planet!)  She has "shadow powers" and gadgets, which she gives you a play-by-play on at the beginning of the story.  Some chicks order drinks wrong at one point, which leaves me wondering if it was a mis-print or it was written that way.  We find out why Phantom Lady wants to 'Fight the Good Fight".  We also meet Doll Man.  First issue equals questions...  I have a feeling these characters are going to matter 'down the road' check them out for yourself.  This book is not for kids, don't let the cover or name fool you. 


For Fans Of:  Loose Morals, Nightclubs, Silly Heroes




Detective Comics Annual #1, this is way cool because it's a number one.  I'm still bothered by red-haired Gordon.  So without giving anything away, the rising action in this book is very blah.  (Is blah a word?)  There are some cool panels, but most of it feels like filler.  Tony S. Daniel does make up for it in the end.  The story picks up and I felt that it wasn't a waste of time when I was done reading.  I love this cover, TSD rocks it.  The main thing this book has going for it is that it's a self contained story.  One and done.  I think a better title for this one would have been, 'What I did on My Summer Vacation:  By Black Mask'.  It's a good book, pick it up because it's a #1 Annual, or buy it digitally if your just a reader.  And Tony, I'll miss you on a Bat-Book, but I know you'll have something special for us sometime next year.  Thanks for a great run. 


For Fans Of:  New 52 BatWorld, Jeremiah Arkham, Roman Sionis




Sidebar:  Nice work DC on the 'Rise of the Third Army' solicits.  Also on the promos for the other New 52 Annuals.  Very Nicely done. 


That's it for tonight.  Oh! I forgot I've got a Facebook page, I'll see if I can get R&D to put a link on here. 

Thanks for Reading, and Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

  1. So me Fb page is... www.facebook.com/JohnnyWorthless.

    I think.

    ReplyDelete